Wednesday, March 11, 2009

of contradicting one's self

I always catch my brain contradicting it's self. On many topics for that matter. Whether it's a simple statement like wrestling is the toughest sport, or something a little more in depth like abortion is bad. But doesn't everyone contradict them self? It seems rather impossible to stick to only one point of view I think, to not even try the least bit to decipher from another angle. But in doing so, its difficult to make a decision. But that's a common problem, many weigh the pros and con's of situations or major adjustments.

I for one find it's nearly impossible to make decision, even its a simple, like choosing a movie to watch, which is certainly not a life or death situation, so what does it matter? I think of as a disability, my grandmother views it as a gift. See, contradicting myself on what contradicting even is.

It's a weakness I think. I remember watching movies when I was little (not that I don't watch movies anymore) and whenever the "bad guy" would get punished in the end, I couldn't help but feel a little sorry for him, even if he was positively awful to the "good guy". Now I don't think I'm like that much any more, maybe because I know better than then that it's just a movie, and not really real. Maybe it contributes to mercy, which made me just think of a Knight's Tale(poor Heath) and a quote "He shows mercy" which was quickly responded to by "He shows weakness" Maybe its more mercy that I have rather than just contradicting myself.

But no, it has to be contradicting because it's siding with all sides. Which is why it's rather difficult for me to make a strong argument, because I can't pick a side. OR maybe it gives me the ability to make a stronger argument, because I know what the opposing side will try to use to defend their view, and I'll just be able to shoot it down that much easier.

Maybe I'll just stick to things that don't force me to make an argument, that way I'll never have to really test out this theory. Though maybe given a topic to defend would be something that I could do, because then I would already know which side I was on, and simply would just have to state evidence to back it up. I don't know, maybe I'll never ever ever have to find out.

OR maybe there is a profession specifically needing one who specializes in contradicting, I'm sure I'd be good at it.

No comments: