Thursday, March 12, 2009

Normally I tend to put a lot of thought into my blogs and I try analyze my thoughts and thinking so my posts usually have some depth to them, but at the moment I'm not feeling the usual thinking and somewhat serious theme that I normally abide by. So I'm in search of a lighter topic.

I have seemed to misplace my ipod, which generally brings about inspiration, so I am lost.

Though I do have some rather exciting (to me) news to share. While doing some research on a band that I can't seem to get enough of (thanks to the same cousin) I stumbled across a website that had an excerpt about four in the morning....

"It's now on the track, "Still Life With Bottle Rockets". "...everything seems better when everyone's asleep..". That's true here at 4 am. This is the time things quiet down -- the loud drunks on the corner have teetered home and traffic is almost nonexistent. I treasure this time of silence because I sure don't have it during the day. I've had to make myself believe the constant traffic sounds are waves when I'm trying to get to sleep. "

Visit http://www.brendastardom.com/arch.asp?ArchID=817 to read the whole thing if you wish.

It is overwhelming on how much you can find on the Internet, while just trying to look up the lyrics of a song and then coming across something such as this. Obviously I knew I wasn't the only one who found something special about 4 in the morning, because my whole thought process was sparked by hearing it from songs, but it still put me in the slightest amount of shock and awe. I found it a pleasant experience to read a bit from someone who had something to say about the same topic as me. Though the thoughts aren't relevant to each other, I still think of the find as an exciting one. And for the record, she [brenda stardom] mentions she's confused as to where they are from, and I believe the answer is Ohio.

I wonder just how much people do have in common, just by looking on the Internet, what all could one discover? We had to do an activity in one of my classes regarding things that people have in common (favorite food, movie, music etc...) and the goal was to find ten people that you had something in common with. Honestly, I was a bit discouraged when the time was up and to return our seats that I only managed to find 4 others who had a little box with the same answer as mine. (obviously you have to know the activity to truly understand, because evidently I am no good at explaining it) True, I love being an individual and being interested in different things, but I don't want to be an outcast! I suppose in the end though, as long as my friends and family still love me, no matter what I do or don't have in common with them, it doesn't matter, but still....

No comments: