Thursday, April 2, 2009

break up songs

I've decided that it would be interesting to come up with a list containing some of the best of the best, break up songs that is. The way I see it, is with having about a year left of high school, a lot of relationships are going to be breaking it off, because we all know no one wants the added stress of a relationship on top of everything else. Understandable, but not necessarily always easy to cope with. With that said, I've decided to accumulate a list of breakup songs that (veered more towards a female audience) well, will make you feel better while singing along at the top of your lungs in your car. Trust me, it helps.
(Note: not all of these are the official video, some don't have one, nor could I find a legitimate video at all for others.)


  • "Nothing Better" by Postal Service





  • "Attack" by 30 Seconds to Mars





  • "Goodnight Goodnight" by Hot Hot Heat

  • "White Horse" by Taylor Swift



  • "Crying" by Aerosmith
  • (all of the embedding options are disabled, you can look it up yourself)

  • "Pictures of You" by The Cure





  • "So I Thought" by Flyleaf






However the one that I feel has the best lyrics to shout is "Over You" by Christ Daughtry. However I am incredibly irritated about the fact that all the official videos have been disabled by request......

So this isn't the largest list of break up songs, but it gives you the idea. I think the best breakup songs are the ones that talk about moving on and how their life is better without the other person who they before thought they couldn't live without.

If i think of more videos to add to the post, I will.

No comments: