Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bloggers Block

I don't know how writers manage to write for a living. How do they always find something to write about? True, they're more weekly, or monthly, and not three times a week, but I still don't know how they do it. Finding something to talk about wouldn't be my problem I'd say, but rather what there is to say about the topic I think is where I tend to get stuck. And I'm sure I'm not alone. I don't even know how some of the kids in my class manage to have 15 or so posts a month. I am not putting them down by any means, honestly, I admire their ability to just write and write and write. Maybe it's because I am just lazy. I don't want to put that much thought as to what I want to blog about. I know they aren't supposed to be perfect, or final draft quality by any means, and that is probably what I have the most difficulty with. I like to be able to be somewhat proud of what I put up in my blog, because there is no way I would improve as a writer if I just half-assed my way through everything. But with that comes the time and commitment that I don't know I can necessarily always dedicate to my blog. That is another thing, do these people who have more the needed posts on their blogs always just sit in front of their computer and write? And if that is the case, I don't feel as much as a schmuck, because blogging is not my life, and as awful as it sounds, neither is school.
What is the point in trying to do well in things anyway? We all die eventually, and if you're busting you butt on something that is making you miserable, what is it worth? I know work ethics and being a hard worker are excellent qualities to have, but what's the point? It's like those who are always trying to do their best are really doing it for someone else, and not themselves. But maybe that is what society needs more of today. Doing things rather for others than them self. Which leads me to comment on how much I can't stand people being rude, or rude people and I must say my 6th hour is full of them.
An Example.
So we're in class, working on a worksheet of something, I don't know, and the kid in front of me manages to drop his pencil. His pencil rolls past me and directly under the chair of the girl next to me, (we're in individual desks you see). It was blatantly obvious that the courteous thing to do would've been acknowledge the fact that the pencil is under your desk and the respectful thing to do it for you to get it. But not, she just sits there. Pretending to be so absorbed in what we were doing that she was apparently too busy to take a second and get the pencil for the poor guy in front of me. Now if she was reading a book, she would have has something small to back her up (I've received phone calls, while the phone was in my pocket, and not notice because I was so caught up in a good read), but no, this was a stupid math work sheet that I would think nearly any one would gladly take a break from. So, while the girl next to me is acting to be ignorant to what is going on, the guy in front of me stretches and struggles to reach back so he can get his pencil that was under this girls desk. I found this rude.
Another Example.
Again, in the same class. I am reaching into my backpack to pull out my little pencil bag, and little did I know, it was unzipped, and of course, I pick it up the wrong way. Colored pencils and highlighters scatter between my desk the guy's desk beside me. This guy wasn't even doing anything, not a worksheet, not reading, nothing. Just sitting there. Of course, I already feel slightly embarrassed and like a fool for having my things being all over the place, but the boy couldn't have taken a moment to help my flustered stuff gather my things. Yes, even by his feet. You could've at least kicked them my way, jerk. Needless to say, I was fairly aggravated by this, and till this day think very little of that kid. First Impressions Are Lasting Impressions. That is for certain.

No comments: