Saturday, April 25, 2009

just getting it done to make the grade

My blogging skills have fallen in the current along with everyone else’s and are now just crap. No longer is there any depth or internal thought involved with the posts, it’s more like crappy get three blogs done in less than an hour kind of writing that I used to try and be very good to avoid. However I have fallen into the slump that most have and quite frankly, am not pushing my hardest to get out of. It’s just too easy to go with the flow. I used to feel pressure to actually have an intelligent appearance and feel to my blog, but I have now come to realize no one reads it. Why bother? Simply this is just a completion grade, and I need to just get these blogs done to make the grade. Not to mention summer is very nearly here, I’m sure Mr. Ayers has noticed the trend in blogs, better known as slacking off.

I’m not complaining about blogging. I do understand and agree with the fact that the only way to get better at writing is to force yourself to just do it, no matter how much you tell yourself the content you are currently spending your time on is grade A bologna. Mr. Moran made a great deal of that point, hence he graded mostly on word count rather than the actual content of the paper.

Yet, it is undoubtedly true that a piece doesn't have to be 600 words to be good. There are many pieces of writing that are very good and well written that only consist of a couple hundred words, maybe even less. And on the contrary, there can be writing that’s a few thousand words long and still be straight up awful.

There is a quote that I find to be perfect for blogging, “quantity, not quality.”

So with that being said, that’s exactly what I am going to do. I’m going to be rid of the delusion that people, besides Mr. Ayers actually read my blog, and then take down my wall of pride of thinking that every post has to be superior to the previous one. Funny how the more I write about how I’m terrible at blogging, the better of a writer I’m actually becoming. I feel enlightened.

No comments: