Thursday, October 30, 2008

Twilight

Yes, I have joined the rest of my younth and began the infamous novel Twilight. But who wants to read another blog about such a story? There must be thousands of blogs about the books alone. Now I'm not saying I don't enjoy reading of the forbidden romance between Edward and Bella, because I truely do. However, I am not obsessed. I can just simply relate to what is loved so much about these stories.

They do seem to attract the femenin audience more so then the male, but it's not strictly a one gender book. Yet I don't really know what exactly would intrest boys so much in a romance story. Maybe its the action scenes or something. I don't know. But I do know why women find them so compelling. Its a chick flick in literature form. Yeah, thats basically the easiest way to put it. All chick flicks have one thing in common- a stud. Yes, the woman's fantasy of the ideal male. Sweet, charming, attractive- all things that women seem to be drawn to. Those are the traits of Edward. Of course, we don't know for sure what he looks like, but we know hoe Bella feels about his looks, which only leaves room for imagination. Perhaps thats what makes him that much better. The reader gets to visualize how he looks, making him consist of that which pleases them. Of course he's going to be gorgeous!

Despite the fact of how Edward looks though, it's his personality that truely lures girls into reading further. He is utterly and irresistably obsessed with Bella, and that is what every girl wants. Someone to be as in love with them as Edward is with Bella. Reading such a book allows them to live their fantasies. While getting wrapped up in the sweet scence between the two lovers, the readers can do the same just as easily. And it seems like reality too. Because it is, the reader is really reading the story. They know Bella's thoughts, they can easily picture themselves being Bella.

However there are a lot of romances out there, so why is everyone so obsessive over this one? That I don't know. I don't regularly read a lot of fantasy romance novels, so I don't have anything to compare it to. But we do live in a obsessive society, and this is just another thing that can be easily obsessed upon. Like the jewelry, and the shirts, and the web sites, and the team Jacob/ team Edward deal, and now the movies. It's just fun for people.

I myself am a little excited about the movies. I mean why not? EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING IT!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: