Thursday, November 18, 2010

rattled.

How does one distinguish modesty from low self esteem?
It seems to be a concept I can't grasp. Or perhaps it's my delivery, I can feel perfectly confident and at ease until someone comes up and tells me to gain some confidence. When one feels like they are already doing so, where do they go after a comment like that? For me it is clear in the other direction, paranoia and the undeniable feeling of failure strike. Confidence turns into concern and worry and then desperation, the need to look confident become more apparent and in return just making the individual appear to have less and less pride in their impression of them self. Where does one go from there?

Here's a toast to all those who hear me all too well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone is too concerned with themselves to judge you.